Today I got a phone call from an 800 number. I usually do not answer numbers that I do not know and I know that I don't know anyone any money. Every now and then I get creditors calling looking for someone else. I figured that this phone call was just that and so I answered so that I would not have to call them back and tell them it was a wrong number. (I have called Ford at least three times already telling them I have no idea who this guy is.) Turns out it was TCF calling!
The woman on the phone, Tiffany, asked for me and said that she has a landscaper on the phone saying that he was check card. I grab my wallet and see that I have my card. She said that she had checked and that it is an old card, but he is also saying that he has my driver's license and another credit card. Well, this is very confusing because I have my ID and I can't even remember the last time I had a credit card. Tiffany and I were really confused and she said that it might be someone fishing for information. She said that she would tell him that TCF was taking care of it and that he should destroy everything.
After I hung up the phone I decided to check my bank account online. Everything seemed okay and then the phone rang again. It was Tiffany. She wanted me to know that they man on the phone seemed very concerned about getting a hold of me so that I could get my ID back. At this point we are a little freaked out and she warned me to be careful. She decided to check to see if a phone number came up when he called. She could not give me the full number, but she did give me the area code. 847. With that I realized what was going one...well at least why.
Two years ago I went to my Mom's house Christmas day. The next morning the mailman rang the doorbell to let us know that someone had broken into my car! There was broken glass everywhere! Luckily all they took was my Audrey Hepburn purse (which I LOVED), lots of lip gloss, a $5 paycheck, my work apron and book, maybe $20 in cash, and of course my ID, check card, and school ID! My best guess is that when the people who stole my stuff realized that they did not actually get anything (they didn't even take my camera which was sitting out!) they probably just tossed it out the window of the car. Now that it is spring the landscapers are out and cleaning up and preparing for Spring and Summer. I am not sure why my stuff was not found last year, but I am glad that someone was nice enough to call TCF so that my IDs could be returned to me.
New Life, new blog
16 years ago
1 comment:
That is so scary- getting a call like that would really freak me out.
BTW: I came over from Bobby G's page.
Post a Comment