This has been a very enjoyable week. On Monday I had lunch with Lisa and Ella. Ella is so great because she only made one noise in two hours and it was the cutest little (yet dramatic) sigh! Too adorable. I really enjoy seeing Lisa because I never get tired of our conversation. She is also so helpful. After lunch we went to Babies R Us and it was nice to walk through the store with someone who has had a baby in the last few months.
On Tuesday I had a doctor appointment with one of the doctors I had not met yet. It was a short appointment but a good one. Everything looks good and he talked to us about the upcoming ultrasound. I honestly can't remember what he said, but that is why Rod insists on going to every class and every appointment! It was also really nice to get the nursery set up. That has relieved a lot stress for me.
I honestly can't remember what I did yesterday. I remember that I put the clothes in the dresser. It was Ruth's birthday though. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTHIE!
Although I am now really tired, today was a really great day. I went with Sophie and Elijah to walk around the mall. I was not sure how well this was going to work for me given how much pain I was in the last time I spent hours walking around. The good news was that it was very enjoyable. Even when I was holding Elijah while Sophie got her eyebrows waxed. Needless to say it did not take long for poor Elijah to decide he did not like the situation. This was actually only the second time I have seen Elijah cry. The first time was several months ago when I held Elijah while Sophie went to the bathroom. I obviously do not have a good track record. Elijah did calm down after awhile. At this point the little monster in my stomach decided to act up and kept kicking Elijah's butt. I guess I can't make both of them happy.
Sophie also offered to let me borrow several of the items I still need to purchase. It is great because these are the items that are not exactly cheap and you really only use for a few months if at all. She has also been a great help and I always appreciate her advice as well. She even calmed my fears (well, as much as you can calm the nervous of someone as neurotic as I am) about the wound from circumcision. The penis situation has been a stressful situation for me and the idea of cutting part of it off just freaks me out.
After the mall I was exhausted! I did however agree to meet up with Hollie. She made the cutest blanket for the baby and wanted to bring it over. It worked out perfectly that Hollie and I were both starving by the time she came over. (I still do not have any food in the apartment.) I suggested that we get food in Canton since it is not too far away and on her way home. I figured we could also stop into Shark's Club and say hi to Kim while we were out there. After Shark's Club we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ended up talking for a really long time. Which was almost strange given how loud it was in there. I felt like I was screaming at her!
Tomorrow Rod is off work. When he called me not too long ago he said that he wants to wake up early so that he can get his paycheck and take me out to lunch. It will be interesting to see if we actually wake up early, but I hope we do. I feel bad that I have been busy and I miss out on seeing him for those couple of hours before he leaves for work. I am really hoping that we can go to lunch, Sam's Club, and Kroger. That way I can make dinner for us (although I will probably be too tired and will make Rod do it) and maybe we can watch the opening ceremonies together. It might not be the most exciting Friday night for most people, but I have always enjoyed the pageantry of it all and it has been a really long time since we have had a home cooked meal that did not come out of a box.
New Life, new blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment