Thursday, December 11, 2008

Supermom

I don't know how some women do it. I could not imagine having a small child (let alone 2-3) and appear to be the perfect mom/wife. Mind you, I did say appear. I have to admit that I grew up watching reruns of Donna Reed. Talk about perfect. The children were well behaved, she always looked her best, the house was always clean, and dinner was on the table just in time for her husband to get home.


I would love to be that kind of "supermom!" The truth of the situation, as most moms already know, most of the time new moms are lucky to even get a shower. Let alone full hair and make-up! Vacuum in heels and pearls? Try a gift cert to Molly Maids! Dinner? Well, that goes a little better, but for the most part Rod gets me lunch during the day and I don't eat dinner until 9 or 10 at night. What I eat totally depends on how tired I am at that point. McDonald's, Wendy's, hot dogs, mac n cheese? No wonder I have hardly lost any of the baby weight!

The good news is that I am optimistic. Things are starting to get easier. I can take Aiden out and for the most part I know what to expect. I have gotten my hair done, gone to get an IUD, gotten my teeth cleaned, and gone to restaurants. For the most part Aiden has been really good! Course, it helps that everyone offers to hold him!

Now that it has been three months I hope to start getting more sleep, with Rod's help. If I can make myself go to bed at a decent time it should make a huge difference in my days. I will never be Donna Reed, but I do know that a little more sleep will do a world of good. The important thing is that appearing to be the perfect mom/house"wife" is not my ultimate goal. My goal is to have a happy life with my new family. Perfect hair and make-up would just be a plus;-)

2 comments:

Bobby G said...

Also since you had Aiden, you hit the B & B Dirty Dirty 30 30! That makes you super to me!

Bobby G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.