Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


As far as Halloweens go this year was definitely not the most exciting, but it was still enjoyable. Compared to my normal dress one could say that I was even pretty boring this year. Non-the-less it was a good Halloween for me.

Today Aiden and I woke up early and went on a visiting spree. First we went up the leasing office because Victoria has been dying to see him. I do not think I have ever seen a woman more happy to see a baby that was not related! She was so funny, I was not sure she was going to let me leave!

The main reason why we got up early was to get out to Canton to see Jimmy's school project. For the last ten years Jimmy's school has done a big open house on Halloween to show the 7th grade renaissance projects. It was actually somewhat of a madhouse. Parents and students were everywhere. Needless to say, I must be bored if I got out of bed to attend. In all honesty though, I just wanted to go somewhere to show Aiden off in his Halloween onesie;-) Aiden was a hit!

After Jimmy got out of school Sue, Jimmy, Aiden, and I all went out for lunch. Now this is always a scary thought when Aiden isn't really on a feeding schedule. Sue tried to feed him before we went, but that did not work out so well. I ended up bring the bottle with me because I was sure that he would realize he was hungry as soon as our food arrived. To my surprise he pretty much slept through the whole meal. Even more surprising was that he did this even though our food took a really long time!

I ended up staying at my parents' house for most of the night. I could not help but wait to see all the trick or treaters. It was not as fun as a normal Halloween for me, but it was worth the wait. Some of the kids were so cute! No one was really all that creative though. I think my favorite was a set of twin girls that were in their early teens. They went as Thing 1 and Thing 2. Loved it! Although it is really one of my least favorite children books!

Obviously during this day I was thinking about Aiden and trying to figure out when I would be able to take him trick or treating. Unfortunetely, I think it will be awhile. I was almost thinking when he was three, but it is usually cold on Halloween and I am not sure a three year old should have that much candy anyway. Maybe I will take him trick or treating at the mall or something then, but not outside on what is usually a cold and rainy night. Besides, I don't think I want to be out on a cold and rainy night for an hour anyway. Guess I will just have to wait until he is four:)

2 comments:

Alison said...

OMG Jen - he is so cute. I can't believe how much he looks like Rod!

Unknown said...

We took Elijah trick or treating. He went to 5 houses to show of his dragon costume and we got to eat his candy. The best of both worlds!